Friday, September 18, 2020

Divine, Human, Spirit; God's mini me: The God Beyond Religions Part III


I grew up learning a tradition where the Holy Trinity was important. As a young person I was introduced to God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, three in one and one in three. I was taught from childhood that Jesus was fully God and fully man and that the Spirit of God and the Spirit of Christ, two names that are interchangeable indwelled believers. I have to admit that the concept never made sense to me until recently. Quite frankly, it still does not make sense to me the way that orthodoxy explains it. However, I am realizing that I am a microcosm trinity myself. Human beings are tri-part. I am created in the image of the divine, I am human, and I am spirit. Could it be that we all are the mini me's of Father? I know, it is somewhat sacrilegious to compare ourselves with characters from Austin Powers, but I am confident the reality is there. We are each replica's of the trinity.

So let's examine the trinity. Could God (the complete triune entity) be the Logos? That would make Papa (God's Agape Love,) Jesus (The Logos in Flesh,) The Spirit (the ethereal essence) all manifestations of the one creative source of the universe. This could make Jesus the mediator, the prototype of all to come. This would definitely explain why Genesis refers to making humanity in "our" image rather than making humanity in "my" image. This makes this scripture passage come to life for me and perhaps it will for you. "Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is." (1Jn 3:2) Maybe, just maybe this really means what it implies. Does Jesus have a special place as the mediator? Of course. At least that is true for me. Jesus is the way that the Logos communicates too me by the Spirit. Jesus puts a human face on the Logos and Papa exemplifies the Logos's traits. 

There are a multitude of clues that this is the case. Peter tells us that since and through Jesus we have become partakers of the divine nature. Paul tells us that Jesus, the Logos in flesh, has raised us up and seated us together with him and Papa in heavenly places. Heavenly places cannot be somewhere out there in the sky. Jesus said that the kingdom or rule of heaven was in and among the people he ministered too. Jesus went on to say that he and Papa are in us and we are in them. Here's the amazing point. Jesus said, that we would do "greater works" than he did? What if he really meant that? What would that mean for us. I am confident that Jesus performed the miracles because he tapped into his divine nature in a way that previously had not been done by humanity. He knew what he knew because he tapped into the divine mind. But doesn't Paul say that we have the mind of Christ? What if he really meant it?

If there is one creator, and we are a part of one universe, then the concept of heaven is within the universe. What if Planet Earth is indeed God's Holy Mountain? What if the catalyst for the kingdom is our understanding the love of Papa and the faith of Jesus? What if we are indeed the instruments to bring forth the kingdom of God in its fullness? What if the mediator is desperately and patiently trying to get us to see? What if we are co-creators? In the words of the Beatles, "All We Need Is Love." 


No comments:

Embracing the Resurgence of Celtic Christianity: Exploring Modern Practices

You can also find blog videos on my Cosmic Consciousness YouTube channel. For some reason, I am intuitively drawn toward the Celtic expressi...