Monday, August 3, 2009

Health Care Reform WWJD

From time to time there arises a political issue that I cannot pass up. The healthcare issue is it for me right now. I cannot believe that there are any people who object to a public option for healthcare. It seems so obvious to me that the politicians who are against the public option and, healthcare reform in general are indebted to the insurance companies. I guess I shouldn't get started on the subject of large corporations and what they are doing to us. One thing is certain, they are not interested in benefiting us common people. They are interested in making as much money and building up as much profits as is possible.

The truth is that we should have a government operated single payer plan here in our country but, I guess we will have to settle for a public option. I would think that the middle class would rise up with anger at those who are trying to thwart the advancement of significant healthcare reform. My goodness gracious...did I say it was obvious that the insurance companies are trying to maintain their profit at the expense of the poor, the uninsured and finally the middle class. Certainly we pay the price for all of the people that insurance companies will not cover. We pay it in higher health care costs.

Next, when the Republicans and Blue Dog Democrats claim that health care will hurt small businesses I think to myself...give me a break! You cannot be serious! A public option would allow small business employers to forget healthcare all together. They would not have to pay for the insurance of their employees period. I suggest that we all look at who is receiving money from the insurance companies and then reach the reasonable conclusion that they are not looking out for us!

Finally, what would Jesus do? Well, read Matthew 25:31-46 and I think you will see that Jesus was all about making sure that we take care of the underpriviledged and less fortunate. In fact, it was selfishness that would cause one to not make it into the kingdom (Matt 25:46). And, for the law of attraction, generosity begets prosperity.

No comments:

Embracing the Resurgence of Celtic Christianity: Exploring Modern Practices

You can also find blog videos on my Cosmic Consciousness YouTube channel. For some reason, I am intuitively drawn toward the Celtic expressi...