Sunday, May 30, 2021

God Beyond Religion: An Audible Blog: Introduction

While I have been blogging for ten years with two different blogs, I am going to change the format a little going forward. I will continue to write blog posts as I believe that writing is my most effective means of communication. Some people speak better than they write, but others write better than they speak, and I certainly fall into the latter. I also realize that people enjoy the ability to get their information audibly these days so I am going to produce audio files of all the blog posts going forward, and I will also make previous posts audible going back to the posts on this blog that I began in 2020. Since there is a ten year hiatus from blogging on this blog I will not include the posts from 2009 backward. The reason is that I have grown spiritually since then, and the posts 2020 forward, more closely reflect what I am seeing these days.

The title, God Beyond Religion is self explanatory. I no longer consider myself religious but have an insatiable drive for the spiritual, metaphysical, and esoteric world. I am convinced beyond doubt that the material world we occupy is at its base a construction of consciousness. As the old hermetic principle is stated, "the All is mind; the universe is mental" so I believe at my core. Recent scientific beliefs back this up. Most notably, Dr. Donald Hoffman and his book "A Case Against Reality comes to the forefront of my mind. I was actually sold on the idea long before that with the investigations of Aldous Huxley and others. One other influence was Frijof Capra and his book "The Tao of Physics" which was popular in the 1970's.

At this point in my life I have settled on the idea of eclectic spirituality. I believe that over the centuries, The Source has given revelation to many different mystics from many different civilizations. I have grown to reject the idea that any one religion has the exclusive truth, and have adopted the idea that all of them have some spiritual truth. I am convinced that inclusive acceptance of people's spiritual journeys is the key to developing a society that is spiritually evolved, loving, accepting, and will be helpful in propelling humanity to a new rung on the spiral of social, cultural, intellectual, and spiritual advancement. 

While I am not certain that there will be a universally utopian society any time soon, or whether there ever will be, I am confident that humanity is on an upward spiral. While it is obvious that we are on that upward spiral technologically, it is my abiding belief that it is not simply limited to technology. I believe that we are also moving upward in kindness, tolerance, and acceptance. 

My spiritual path began as a Jesus follower and though I left that path for many years I have circled back. You can read or hear about that journey in a blog post entitled "Your Lifepath is a Choice: Leaving the Dance with the One You Came With." In saying that I circled back, I must say that I circled back as a person sold on eclectic spirituality and not as a Christian. While I still have a deep and abiding relationship with Jesus I do not identify as a Christian.

This blog is the place where the Christ follower can embrace the law of attraction, the ancient hermetic teaching, the Tao Te Ching, Buddhism, and all sorts of metaphysical practice. It is my hope that you will join me on this journey and I likewise intend to provide content that will be beneficial, uplifting, and educationally rewarding.


No comments:

Embracing the Resurgence of Celtic Christianity: Exploring Modern Practices

You can also find blog videos on my Cosmic Consciousness YouTube channel. For some reason, I am intuitively drawn toward the Celtic expressi...