Friday, August 20, 2021

God Beyond Religion: The Ultimate Big Brother

Colossians 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation;

There is no doubt that Colossians 1:15-23 is referring to the Logos, the Word of God. The image of the invisible God is of necessity consciousness. When it said the firstborn of all creation, it means exactly what was stated in the Hermetica. "My Guide asked: 'Do you understand the secrets of this vision? I am that Light — the Mind of God, which exists before the chaotic dark waters of potentiality. My calming Word is the Son of God — the idea of beautiful order; the harmony of all things with all things. Primal Mind is parent of the Word, just as, in your own experience, your human mind gives birth to speech. They cannot be divided, one from the other, for life is the union of Mind and Word. Now, fix your attention upon the Light, and become One with it." [Freke, Tim. The Hermetica: The Lost Wisdom of the Pharaohs (p. 33). Tim Freke Publications. Kindle Edition.] However, Jesus was the first to claim that he was the Logos/Word incarnate. This in my view makes him very special indeed and thereby big brother to all of humanity. Now while I will not contend that all need to acknowledge Jesus as such, I will say that there is a definite benefit for those who come to know and understand him in this light.

He taught the apostle John that as Jesus was in the world so are we humans. What exactly does that mean? Well, it means that we too are the Logos/Word incarnate, and that as such we are the daughters and sons of God. The verse in Colossians written at the beginning of this post states that Jesus, the Christ is the image of the invisible God. That means that like God we are consciousness. One cannot see consciousness; one can only see or hear what consciousness produces. To add to this idea, the Old Testament in the first chapter of Genesis says that God, the creative source, created humanity in his own image. It is probably more accurate to say in its own image as consciousness is neither male nor female. Within in it is both genders. But since the bible says in his image, it will be sufficient to say the same. The reality is that God the creative source is androgynous, a parent that is both mother and father.

Looking at Jesus as the ultimate big brother, gives an inciteful look into how I view him and the relationship I have with him. A big brother is a caring, loving, close friend. A big brother watches out and protects his younger siblings. A big brother acts as a teacher. A big brother sets an example. In all of these traits Jesus is the ultimate big brother. I have experienced that he is a friend that actually sticks closer than a brother. I have received a wealth of positive information from him over the years. His teachings are truly timeless, and during his earthly sojourn he set the ultimate example of loving. But according to the apostle Paul or one of his students he is also a mediator between God and humanity. I believe this to be true and receive comfort from it. It is not necessary that all see it that way. I can also mediate on my own behalf being the incarnate word of God as well. It depends on what you’re comfortable with.

There is a sense in which I know that Jesus is my higher self. That is, the Christ is our higher self. The Christ is the true mediator and source of all mystical revelation. I certainly have a mystical bent and receive multiple spiritual downloads via mystical channels. I am writing this because I want to let some people know that one can be radically spiritually awakened and still maintain a relationship with Jesus. People can suggest that Jesus is just my imaginary friend, and I am not offended, but I know that he is more than that. I am not saying that I feel the need to evangelize the world to get them to see it my way. I merely want to encourage anyone on a path of deconstruction who feels a close affinity to Jesus need not feel pressure to abandon that relationship thinking it primitive or a show of lack of spiritual knowledge.

 


No comments:

Accurately Defining the Christ

The term Christ came from the Greek word Christos . The meaning of that word was anointing or the rubbing on of oil or ointment. The Hebrew ...