Wednesday, October 6, 2021

God Beyond Religion: The Cattle on a Thousand Hills; Abundance Not Lack

Psalm 50:7-15 “Hear, O my people, and I will speak, O Israel, I will testify against you. I am God, your God.  (8)  Not for your sacrifices do I rebuke you; your burnt offerings are continually before me.  (9)  I will not accept a bull from your house, or goats from your folds.  (10)  For every wild animal of the forest is mine, the cattle on a thousand hills.  (11)  I know all the birds of the air, and all that moves in the field is mine.  (12)  "If I were hungry, I would not tell you, for the world and all that is in it is mine.  (13)  Do I eat the flesh of bulls, or drink the blood of goats?  (14)  Offer to God a sacrifice of thanksgiving and pay your vows to the Most High.  (15)  Call on me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me."

I want to begin this with the idea of thought forms or egregores. As I have written about them before they are real and have actual spiritual power. In fact, all religions are thought forms, and have a life of their own. I also want to mention the fact that in my eclectic spirituality view, I see that there is mystical revelation from Source in most religious and philosophical texts. The Judeo-Christian bible is no different. If by chance you think this is simply cherry-picking scripture passages, I have written about the absurdity of that claim in other posts and will not deal with it here. 

The above Psalm passage falls into that category in my view, because it is consistent with a loving God, and a God who sees justice and people being “just” as important. Please do not confuse this with the name it and claim it gospel, the prosperity gospel, or the "Think and Grow Rich" crowd. All of those ideas and many I have not mentioned cater to the individual. That is not the case here. I am writing this to all of us who make up the collective consciousness. Consider that there is but one creative source, and that as science is beginning to suggest, it is a field of consciousness. Within this field is unlimited creative potential. Within this field there is no lack. The possibility of lack comes with mortal material existence and the fear of not having enough to survive. Likewise, I believe that the root of greed is the survival instinct. However, if the reality is we are eternal souls and spirits within the divine universal field of consciousness, then we can safely change our thinking and thought processes. This in turn can create a thought form, egregore, that is not founded in a zero-sum game. As more and more conscious agents embrace this thought form the ability to realize and experience more abundance for all will begin to manifest in material reality.

This is different than the law of attraction, or the prosperity gospel, or think and grow rich mentality because they are basically geared toward individual accomplishment and achievement.  What I am proposing is collective. It is a way to begin to generate abundance in a much more fair and just way that will increasingly eliminate lack for more and more individuals. It has the potential to radically change humanity and I think it could be an instrumental way for people to help move the age of Aquarius forward. The way it would work is to find people committed to meditating on universal abundance and justice. Once formed and allowed to grow stronger it would change the dynamic from greed to sustainable improvement globally, and who knows, it could catch on and glide past the tipping point bringing about real change.

This concept fits nicely with some of the great religious and philosophical teachings over the centuries. It was Jesus that said, Matt 6:31-33 “So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?'  (32)  For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.  (33)  But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” I believe he was trying to get them to change their thought construct and for a time they did. I think it is important to point out that verse thirty-three could as easily be translated but seek first his kingdom and his justice.

The Tao resembles the stretching of a bow:  it humbles the mighty, and exalts the lowly; it takes from those who have much and gives to those in need.  This is the Tao— it diminishes those who have abundance, and nourishes those who lack.  The human way is just the opposite—  creditors take from those who lack and lavishes those who already abound!  Where are the wealthy who will use their riches to serve the world?  The wise earn much, but claim it not for themselves. They accomplish much, but are not attached to their accomplishments.  They succeed abundantly,  yet make no show of their success. Lao Tzu. Tao Te Ching . Ancient Renewal. Kindle Edition. Here Lao Tzu is suggesting that if humans meditate on abundance for all without extravagant opulence that the Tao will provide. It is my belief that what we call the divine unified field of consciousness, he called the Tao.

So, from several traditions you have the same concept though stated different. There is no lack in the divine unified field of consciousness, and creating that thought form will indeed help bring it into fruition. Not so that one can have opulence, but so that one can avoid lack.

 

No comments:

Embracing the Resurgence of Celtic Christianity: Exploring Modern Practices

For some reason, I am intuitively drawn toward the Celtic expression of Christianity. My Mother’s family came originally from England but th...