Monday, July 6, 2020

Binarual Beats and Meditation

I find meditative prayer and contemplative prayer beneficial. I even find that regular prayer is beneficial when one is in a meditative state. Meditation is simply quieting the mind. If you are like me you find it difficult to quiet your mind. Mine races all day long. Meditation is healthy as well. It lowers blood pressure and reduces stress and anxiety. However one of the benefits of meditation for me is being able to listen to the Holy Spirit. In a meditative state one can tap into a vast wealth of knowledge. Aldous Huxley called it the mind at large, Edgar Casey called it the Akashic records, and I like to call it the mind of Christ. You may be put off by my use of the term as you may consider it religious. On the other hand, I am on a mission to take back some important terms from religion and the religious world as they most clearly belong to the spiritual realm.


As I stated earlier, I find meditation difficult when it comes to quieting my over active mind. This is where binaural beats come into the equation. Binaural Beats can produce a state of meditation automatically. What on earth are binaural beats you may be asking? Well, the word binaural means two ears. So it begins with sounds being heard in both ears by ear phones or ear buds. The unique thing about binaural beats is that one ear hears sound waves at one hertz level and the other ear hears sound waves of a slightly different wave link. What happens then is the brain synthesizes the two differing wave lengths into one wave link in the middle of the two. If you want a more scientific explanation you can find this article on the Psychology Today Blog.

I have found a source online that offers different binaural beats at what I consider a very reasonable price. It is called Binaural Beats Meditation. They have all kinds of various meditation forms available. I use binaural beats every day to meditate and quiet my mind. It makes it easy to hear from the spirit. The meditation brings clarity to situations that otherwise seem overwhelming. It helps me get in touch with the source and experience presence. I realize that there are a lot of Christians that shun meditation but that is totally unnecessary. It does not hinder my relationship with Jesus rather it enhances it.

I often use binaural beats when I am writing. It increases creativity and augments understanding. It helps me to remember things that otherwise have been forgotten. It is likewise helpful when reading and contemplating scripture. It often provides additional illumination from the Spirit. And, as I mentioned earlier it is helpful with all aspects of prayer. For me it is the most effective way to tap into the source. When the apostle Paul says that we are seated in heavenly places in Christ Jesus, I believe that meditation via binaural beats helps me to actually be aware of the connection that we all have in the source. Paul is correct, there is literally a part of us that is seated in heavenly places in Christ. What Paul called heavenly places is actually being in the creative source at the most basic quantum level of the universe. It is a place of energy and thought. Conscious energy and thought produces all of the material world and it is continually generated from this place. Yes, there is a part of us that is present there participating in the creative process.

Once one realizes that one is a spiritual being having a natural experience, it is important to be able to explore and understand the spiritual world all the more. Meditation can help facilitate that and again, if you are like me and find meditation difficult because of a racing mind, then binaural beats is an excellent way to create that meditative brain state of awareness. And don't let anyone intimidate you. You can meditate and participate in various metaphysical practices and still have a vibrant relationship with Jesus and be a Christ follower free from fear.

No comments:

Embracing the Resurgence of Celtic Christianity: Exploring Modern Practices

You can also find blog videos on my Cosmic Consciousness YouTube channel. For some reason, I am intuitively drawn toward the Celtic expressi...